Thursday, January 21, 2010

"If It Means A Lot To You" (song by A Day To Remember)

So here it is:

The magazine job is coming up to 'busy season' so I should be starting to take photos for them soon. I got a second job! It's at the same rink T. works at. I'm a skating instructor for an hour on Thursday and 2 hours on Saturday plus involved in camps as well. I'm getting paid $15/hr which is nice since it's kinda sparse work. I'm teaching 3 - 7 year olds how to skate and stop pretty much. Doing some hockey stuff as well, like how to skate with full equipment and holding a stick. I'm so pumped for this job. It goes back to what I did as a volunteer when I was young and now I get to help kids skate again and get paid for it! Ha ha! I have a meeting tomorrow at 3pm with the woman who I contacted about the job and the Programs Coordinator. I'm starting this Saturday! How awesome is that to start right away! :)

So I applied to volunteer at Saskatoon Community Youth Arts Programming Inc. as a graphic designer. Right now I just finished editing some photos of artwork that has been stored on an external hard drive that no one has time for at the moment. Will be helping with logos, signs, pretty much anything that is involved with computers. So I can drop by there whenever it suits me which is really nice. Gives me something to do when I'm not at either one of my jobs.

I received a big scrap booking kit (over 3000 pieces) from J. so I have my hands full! It's all the same theme of course but I can put whatever I want in there, so ha! :P It came with the book, pages, cutouts, stickers, etc. plus she also bought me extra supplies. It all was cheap for her cause she gets a discount (she works there) plus the extras were only 10 cents! Like holy cow! You go the craft stores and you end up paying a couple bucks for the same stuff. Only things I need now are fancy pens and photos.

Just got my sister and T.'s two youngest daughters Valentine's Day presents (pencils, notepad, stickers and a card) and are gonna send it to them soon. I always liked receiving surprises presents from my aunt on Valentine's Day and Halloween. I'm not even telling my mom about it cause I want it to be a nice surprise. T. actually got the idea. So glad he suggested it! :)

My friend from back in Manitoba D. is coming out on Sunday! Only for a day or so though but that's okay with me. At least he is going to be stopping in. It will be nice to go out for coffee and have our talks again. Don't know how much time I'll have to show him around Saskatoon. :/ Have to hit some hot spots. Will be a nice refresher that's for sure.

Oh T.'s ex wife changed her email address and her last name back to her maiden name on Facebook. HA HA! Soooooo glad she doesn't have L-----y at the end anymore. That's mine! :P (Okay maybe you didn't giggle at it but I did)

So that's pretty much it. Have lots on my to do list for tomorrow so I better start winding down. Will post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment