Saturday, January 16, 2010

Job searching/Volunteering

I don't understand why it's so hard to find a job. There are many places looking and I'm for sure qualified. So why am I not getting a job? It can't be the interview, I don't even get up to that part. I look on job sites, they say to email them your resume or to fill out their application, which I do and then hear nothing back.

Have you ever had trouble finding a job?

So I have decided to do some volunteer work to occupy my days. I have emailed the Saskatoon Community Youth Arts Programming (SCYAP) Inc. regarding graphic design and the Saskatchewan Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured for arts and crafts. I'm wondering if maybe not getting a job has to do with pushing me in a different direction. I will embrace this direction, but it kind of hurts us financially. What with trying to buy a place and bring the kids here and all.

Have you done any volunteer work? If not, what would you do/which organization would you want to volunteer for?

No comments:

Post a Comment