Sunday, August 29, 2010

Currently Listening To: Ingrid Michaelson



My new dress and shoes/boots that I'm wearing to a friend's wedding this weekend. :)

So I've decided on the name for my business/project is "Break Free Artistically". I have a blogger, tumbler, fbook page, etsy, and twitter account for exposure. Thing is I suck at updating (as you can tell from my bad attempt to keep this one going). I've done one painting and now knitting my 8th hat (grey one that I might wear with the above outfit) but that's it. I have pastels both oil and soft, half done paint by number, a sketchbook, watercolors and colored pencils that are still waiting to be used. I wish I could just spend forever surrounded by art and supplies. Like a gallery, a craft store, SOMETHING that will always keep me inspired. I've even reorganized my desk to hopefully stir up something. Sure my job gets me shooting a little bit but it's just not enough. I look into taking some art classes but then I see the price and feel it may be better for me to just keep going on my own for a little more. If this a good or bad thing I'm unsure.

I'd love to open up a gallery like "MOCHA: The Museum of Children's Art" but have it for children and adults. Have a place where people can create and then another spot to show off all kinds of work. Maybe even have gallery shows related to a charity, have the subject be related to let's say, Breast Cancer and then have a percentage of the money from donations, etc go towards The Breast Cancer Association. Maybe even go in a direction of doing art therapy (think I need it more than teach it lol). I have no idea where to even start to get on one of these paths....

No comments:

Post a Comment