Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family


This is what my step daughter, Jennifer wrote on her blog. I cry every time I read it.

"So, last night I was lying in my bed, thinking about Sam & Dad getting married. (Which I cannot wait for) After the divorce my dad swore he was NEVER getting married. The day Sam walked into our house, I knew. I knew they would be together forever, I knew that he would love her forever and I just knew that no matter what my dad said, he would get married to her. She walked into our house and I was sitting in a chair, all she said was “Hey Jen, is your dad downstairs?” I nodded and she walked down stairs. I had no clue who she was, but the way she walked in, and the smile on her face and the way she said what she did, I just knew that they would be together forever. I still to this day, remember what she was wearing when she walked into our house. I loved Sam quickly, she wasn’t like an evil stepmom, she was a cool older sister to me. We went shopping and went to baseball games and listened to music and took pictures and did everything you would do with an older sister; as we became closer she also became my cool mom. I think of her as my mom, as well as an older sister, and as a best friend. Everytime I see a Fox or an Owl I think of Sam, everytime I see a person with gorgeous red hair, I think of Sam, everyday when I wake up in the morning I wonder how Sam is doing at work, and when she gets home from work, I have to give her a hug, because I miss her during the day. She is one of the biggest parts of my life, I am glad I will always have her.
i love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment